Experienced Oklahoma Probate Attorney Guiding You Through the Process
Probate is the process required after the death for a person who leaves one or more assets in their name alone. It is a legal proceeding for which Attorney Julie A. Evans has more than 30 years of experience, she knows how to ease the stress of probate for her clients who serve as Personal Representatives or who are heirs, devisees or legatees of a probate estate.
The process of probate
Most people who are named as Personal Representative in a Last Will and testament have never gone through the probate process before and know little about what to expect. Ms. Evans can guide you through the probate process, which includes:
- Determining whether you need initiate a probate case
- Filing the Will with the Tulsa County probate court
- Developing the best strategy for fairly and expeditiously probating the estate
- Finding and collecting assets
- Closing and opening bank accounts
- Transferring assets from the decedent to the estate
- Valuing, managing, preserving and liquidating the estate
- Locating heirs, devisees and legatees
- Hiring experts, when appropriate
- Determining creditors of the estate
Ms. Evans assists Personal Representatives with their duties in collecting, managing, valuing, protecting and liquidating the assets of the estate. She has a team of experts available to assist in the various aspects of the administration of the estate. When needed, she calls upon accountants, financial advisors, real estate agents, and other professionals to assist the Personal Representative with their duties.
Contact the thorough estate planning lawyers at Julie A. Evans, P.C.
Call Julie A. Evans, P.C. at 918-592-5566 or contact the firm online.
Julie A. Evans, P.C. serves clients throughout Tulsa County.